• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Solved]quick noob DX9 question

This topic is 3855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

so i am burning through this game programming book, everything is working great. i make my first directX program and it works perfectly. But then i try to link the d3dx9.lib into my project, and it says it cannot open the file. I am staring at the file in the folder, right next to the d3d9.lib file that it has no problem opening. am i doing something stupid? why can it not open the d3dx9.lib file? oh, and i am using VC++ 2005 Express. 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib' [Edited by - somethingfishy on October 30, 2007 10:07:30 AM]

Advertisement
Try pointing Visual Studio to the DirectX SDK folder. Go to Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories. Select 'Show directories for: Library files' and add the lib folder in your SDK. On my PC, it is c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Lib.

I hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!