• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
geo2004

Need CEGUI help...again

This topic is 3913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using the following guide to try to get CEGUI, and the CELayoutEditor set up: http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2760 I have done everything exactly as it says. Both the CEGUI and the wxWidgets solutions compiled correctly. However when I compile the CELayoutEditor solution, it succeeds, but then gives me a TON of linking errors (700+). Here are the first couple. wxbase28ud.lib(appbase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxW@16 wxbase28ud.lib(log.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxW@16 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall wxLog::DoLog(unsigned long,wchar_t const *,__int64)" (?DoLog@wxLog@@MAEXKPB_W_J@Z) I checked in my wxWidgets/lib/vc_lib, and wxbase28ud and the wxmsw28ud_* are all in there too. Is there something I'm missing that is causing all of these errors? I went through the tutorial step by step and I know I've done everything correct. Any help would be awesome, I'm about ready to say screw it and not us CEGUI... Jeff

Advertisement
Your posted linker bugs have to do with no CEGUI libraries but the Windows libraries your project is setup to use.

MessageBoxW is the Unicode function for the Win32 MessageBox function that brings up a message box in Windows. MessageBoxA is the multibyte version of it that is normally used.

What's either happening is you have a "Multibyte" project and need "Unicode" or you have a "Unicode" project that is not properly configured.

To check this, hit Alt + F7, (or go to Project->Properties), then select the "Configuration Properties" and then the "General" list item. On the right look for the "Character Set" and see if it says "Multibyte". If it does, then change it to Unicode and do a project "Rebuild". It should at least take care of the missing MessageBoxW import functions.

If it already says "Unicode", then the project is just misconfigured or your are not linking in the appropriate libraries, so you'd have to give more details on the project settings you have.

OK, thanks for the tips.
One of the projects was built using the unicode debug/release, I think it was wxWidgets. If that was built using unicode, but the project was set up for multi-byte, could that cause it?

I'll check everything when I get back home, I'm at work now.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!