• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Having problem in animating non-skinned mesh with .x file?

This topic is 3735 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have problem in encounting with .x file regular non-skinned meshes rotation problem. Actually, i'd constructed a vehicle model and converted it into xfile and is ready to be coded in dx. The problem i'm having now is that, i m new to this and i dont have any skinned mesh for this ( i'd been reading for some articles about animation in meshes, and for now i'm not goin to use any skinned-mesh / bone-based mesh for animation) I just hope to get a simple animation by rotating part of the meshes, and what actually i'm trying to do is to rotate the wheel of the vehicle. As i stated, the vehicle is just a simple and non-animated, non-bone structured model. A very regular model, but i just can't get it rotated as the rotational matrix isn't set to the wheel's identity, but rather to the whole vehicle body's identity and thus when merely rotating the wheel, it gots me looking weird on the rotational path of the wheel. I've been looking for lots of articles, i'd tried LockVertexBuffer().. etc and it's frustrating enough to actually figure out which index / vertex is being read at particular step. * and finally, i just hope to get access to the particular subset of the mesh's coordinate. Just like what DrawSubset(index) did, how can i actually access a particular subset's whole local coordinate? or its pointer and etc..? Thanks in advance. Regards, Daniel.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement