• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zer0wolf

RTS gamers info

This topic is 3941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but I am looking for information on RTS gamers. I am relatively new to the genre (weird, I know), and am looking for demographical information on RTS gamers. Even a little point in the right direction to look would help [wink]

Advertisement
Information on RTS... gamers? Like what kind of cookies they like to eat? Or do you mean RTS games, like how they are structured?

If you are looking for what RTS gamers like in a RTS, the easiest example would just be to look at the top RTSes of the past few years. Or you can just skip straight to Starcraft, the best RTS, period. :)

Different genres have different demographics. The States have the highest percentage of FPS gamers, whereas Japan has more traditional RPG gamers. Things like countries where RTS games are the most popular, percentages of male vs females players of RTS games, and median ages are all pieces of information that can really help to shape design and marketing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!