• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

re: Header files

This topic is 3737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im not sure if its able to be done, but it doesnt hurt to ask... is there a way to make a header file if you have all of the other files for compiling except one header file? i have the source for a game, and im missing the level.h file. would there be a way to make it from scratch?

Advertisement
No.

You wouldn't be able to make the header file yourself unless the source files are really simple, and you couldn't run the game without that header file.

Quote:
Original post by Nit3Mare
i have the source for a game, and im missing the level.h file. would there be a way to make it from scratch?

A header file is a collection of declarations, and optionally class declarations, global objects, etc, for the purpose of sharing with multiple translation units. If you know what goes into the header file, you can recreate it. If you don't, you can't.

Just curious to know where you got this source from? Surely if it is a publically available source, you can just go get the header file from the same place?

i tried to get the level.h file from them but it seems noone has it or has released it if they have it...ill keep trying to find it then, maybe the devs will respond to my email about it, i think they just left it out, dont know if it was intentional or what but thanks for the help

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement