• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stoic

Makefile project trouble with VS 2003

This topic is 3881 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All - I'm trying to set up some Visual Studio 2003 integration for a makefile project, and I keep getting these strange errors... "error result returned from C:...(path)\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000001.bat" I was checking out the build log and seeing that Visual Studio was creating a batch file to run my command line indirectly. When I manually navigate to my directory and run the makefile, it completes the operation correctly. Also, if I manually create the batch file and run it from the solution directory, it also runs correctly. But for some reason, it can't run from within Visual Studio's IDE. I also tried running it from the Visual Studio Command Prompt (from within the Visual Studio 2003 Tools thing from the program menu). It also ran correctly there. Apparently, the IDE is not recognizing my "make" or "sed" commands. When I added an "echo" command to the beginning of my command line settings within Visual Studio, it returned those errors. I'm a little confused, because even the VS2003 command prompt is recognizing the commands properly. Ugh. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
Problem Solved -

I needed to add the path to the MinGW binaries to Visual Studio 2003 through the Tools->Options->Project(Folder) settings. It was just in a different place than I was expecting. In VS 2005 it seems like those settings are saved on a per-project basis, so you access them through the project properties.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!