Poser critical error

Started by
1 comment, last by JasRonq 16 years, 5 months ago
So I'm using Curious Labs Poser 5, at least I was until yesterday, when this error started to show up every time I want to start the program: "the memory could not be written" http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4981/erbm0.jpg What should I do? reinstall the software? Any better solution?
Advertisement
This is a generic (well sort of) error that does not tell me anything specific. What it tells me is that you are getting memory reference errors. This is usually because your cpu and/or ram are throwing out errors. This could mean an overheating processor, dieing ram, or possibly even a dieing hard drive (corrupting data in the page file or corrupting the program files for poser).
You can run mem test to see if you get any errors, and for testing the cpu i'd use orthos (stresses your cpu like no other). However, it could also be software specific, like i said it is not really a specific error.
Though if this is the first time you've experienced this i'd just reinstall the program and see if it works.
But if it happens again i'd be doing some testing.

edited: spelling mistakes

[Edited by - Jarrod1937 on October 31, 2007 1:55:04 PM]
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
If there is a chance your hard drive is dieing, id back it up asap, then test the original. Keeping a back up of the main HD is good computing practice anyway. if the hard drive has bad blocks, they will be mapped and should be ok from then on (unless its a progressive degeneration of the hard drive in which case you will eventually need to replace it) Find out if the hard drive is healthy though, it sucks to lose one without a back up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement