The cake is a lie?

Started by
38 comments, last by boolean 16 years, 5 months ago
I swear to god I've seen this from some time ago. I realize it is in Portal, but it seems like it has been around longer than portal. Was it maybe just in one of the very first trailers for Portal or ?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Advertisement
Nah, it's obvious.. Glitch in the matrix... [lol]
Hmmm, so maybe someone can explain to me whats the deal with "the cake is a lie"?

I saw this:

and found it funny by itself, but I was wondering if there was something else to it besides the Ali Larter character in "Varsity Blues" reference.

Edit: Oh, I see is somewhat related to Portal... I didn't get the Orange Box.
Quote:The game begins with Chell waking up from a stasis bed, at which point she is informed by GLaDOS that she must complete a series of potentially hazardous tests using their new "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device" to navigate various test chambers. Chell is promised to be rewarded with cake once she has completed the tests and is continually reminded of this throughout the game.
Chell is able to find ways behind certain "broken" test chamber walls, where she finds graffiti messages from some unknown benefactor. Among the messages are hints that "the cake is a lie" and other cryptic phrases

wiki
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
The Orange Box is made entirely worthwhile by the inclusion of Portal. I would have spent 50 bucks for just that one game. Even Yahtzee had nothing bad to say about it.
I've read its too short, plus I already have HL2 and I don't play online so much, and when I do, I play UT, so I am not that eager to spend the 50 bucks, in particular with UT3 so close [smile].

Maybe when they knock the price down or bundle it with other stuff.
Quote:Original post by Kwizatz

You can by Portal on its own for $20.
The cake is definitly not a lie, as the song-voice at the credits tells you:
"Anyway, this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist."
:)
Portal was realy worth the 50 bucks. Well, HL2:EP2 was very good too and Team Fortress 2 is real fun, but nothing beats Portal.
greets, FFF_______________________________God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.
Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar

Thanks! I didn't know that.
I reinstalled steam and am giving it a download now, currently at 28%...
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar

Thanks! I didn't know that.
I reinstalled steam and am giving it a download now, currently at 28%...

Alright, now i'm still at 28%... what gives?

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement