• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Start programs from programs

This topic is 3767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! Im working with my current Engine library, and I got a problem now. I have a scriptingsystem in my library, and I have a consoleprogram that encrypts and decrypts my scripts. Now, I would like to use my encryptionprogram from my Engine library, but I dont know how to. Any help or resources would be great! Im programming in C++ with Microsofts Visual Studio 2005 pro edition. The encryptionprogram is a Win32 console application and the Engine is a static library (.lib). Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Do you have the source code for the encryption program?

If not, then you can call a console program from code using the system() function (but that's completely non-portable, and error prone).

You can use ShellExecute() if you're willing to stick with Win32, but I worry about how you're going to communicate between your virtual machine and your engine. If your VM truly encrypts and decrypts, having it as a separate executable doesn't seem very secure.

Hmm ok.

If I can't communicate with the program using my Engine and the encryptionprogram I think i got to drop the idea.

I guess that I just have to copy the code from my program to the engine.

I choose to have an encryptionprogram so the users can encrypt / decrypt their scripts when editing them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement