Start programs from programs

Started by
2 comments, last by Lucas W 16 years, 5 months ago
Hello! Im working with my current Engine library, and I got a problem now. I have a scriptingsystem in my library, and I have a consoleprogram that encrypts and decrypts my scripts. Now, I would like to use my encryptionprogram from my Engine library, but I dont know how to. Any help or resources would be great! Im programming in C++ with Microsofts Visual Studio 2005 pro edition. The encryptionprogram is a Win32 console application and the Engine is a static library (.lib). Thanks in advance!
-----------------------------------------------------I demand more toasties!
Advertisement
Do you have the source code for the encryption program?

If not, then you can call a console program from code using the system() function (but that's completely non-portable, and error prone).
You can use ShellExecute() if you're willing to stick with Win32, but I worry about how you're going to communicate between your virtual machine and your engine. If your VM truly encrypts and decrypts, having it as a separate executable doesn't seem very secure.
Hmm ok.

If I can't communicate with the program using my Engine and the encryptionprogram I think i got to drop the idea.

I guess that I just have to copy the code from my program to the engine.

I choose to have an encryptionprogram so the users can encrypt / decrypt their scripts when editing them.
-----------------------------------------------------I demand more toasties!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement