• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Question about server/client

This topic is 3765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to make a server that can allow multiple clients to connect to it simultaneously, retrieve and send data, store that data in an object, and idle until it needs to retrieve and send more data. I was thinking of making a class to store the data, and for each user that connects, create a new instance of that class linked to the user. Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Or is there a better way to do what I need? edit: An example of what we want to do is have the client send information (user account name/password) to the server, have the server process the login and see if it's valid, then if it's valid, allow the user to retrieve information from the server, which retrieves info from a MySQL database. We don't want the client interacting with the database at all, but having it only interact with the server.

Advertisement
It seems like the only state information that the server needs to maintain about each client is the secure login. So unless you have something more complicated to do, why not just have the server keep a list of IPs/ports that currently have a session open...and then just act as a repeater for sql commands

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement