DirectX SDK

Started by
3 comments, last by Namethatnobodyelsetook 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone! I'm starting research on DirectX API, but I have hardly made any advances since I have not been able to dowload the SDK. I know it can be dowloaded from Microsoft site, but it requires WGA validation check, and for some strange reason, it's not working for me. I'm not asking for a way to bypass the check, rather, I'm looking for an alternate download mirror. Someone advised me to call MS support, but it could take weeks (even months) for they to solve my problem, so that's not the approach I'm willing to take. I hope someone can help me so I can finally compile my programs and test them. It would be great if I could download the libraries only, since I already installed the runtimes.
Tsuki wo miru tabi omoidase!
Advertisement
Here is your solution. Then you will pass WGA checks. I'm pretty sure we all know what that strange reason is.
You need a valid copy of windows to download all the programming stuff off Microsoft's website.
Quote:Original post by Fighterguard
Someone advised me to call MS support, but it could take weeks (even months) for they to solve my problem, so that's not the approach I'm willing to take.

Or, if you have a legit copy of Windows, it could take 10 minutes.
There may or may not be mirrors for the SDK - I've seen the occasional link bubble up over the years, but to my knowledge there is no guaranteed source. Primarily because this is against the Microsoft EULA - you cannot distribute their SDK's without their agreement.

Also, GameDev.Net has a zero tolerance policy for software piracy of any kind. Posting links to illegal software downloads would also violate this and I don't much appreciate you trying to tempt other members of the community to break our rules.

Any self respecting software developer who wants to either sell their product or earn a salary from a company that sells software should not be ripping off other companies, no matter how big or small. I'm pretty sure you'd be suitably annoyed if you found someone ripping off your hard work and not giving you anything for it.

All that said, if you are a legitimate paying customer of Microsoft then please feel free to stick around [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Generally all the "Teach yourself DirectX in 48 hours" type books have some version of the SDK on their CD/DVD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement