• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tinu

gluUnproject

This topic is 3944 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I need to convert window co ordinate to object co ordinate. Hence I use function gluUnproject. I have a deviation in my result in using the function. Following is the code I used to draw four objects... glColor3f(1, 0, 0); glTranslatef(1,1,0); glutSolidTeapot(0.1); glColor3f(1, 1, 0); glTranslatef(-2,0,0); glutSolidSphere(0.1,10,10); glColor3f(1, 1, 1); glTranslatef(0,-2,0); glutSolidCube(0.1); glColor3f(1, 0, 1); glTranslatef(2,0,0); glutSolidTorus(0.02,0.06,10,10); The objects are drawn and I want the click on them to be detected... So I use the following in the mouse click call back function GLdouble model[16]; GLdouble proj[16]; GLint view[4]; GLdouble x[1],y[1],z[1]; glGetDoublev(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX,model); glGetDoublev(GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX,proj); glGetIntegerv(GL_VIEWPORT,view); gluUnProject(xpos,ypos,0,model,proj,view,x,y,z); But the results are not correct .... I get the results as: Teapot click : x:-0.8 y:-0.8 z: 4 Sphere click : x:-1.2 y:0.798 z: 4 Cube click : x:-1.202 y:1.195 z: 4 Torus click : x:-0.799 y:1.18 z: 4 which are originally not their corresponding values as i draw them at TeaPot:1,1,0 Sphere:-1,1,0 Cube:-1,-1,0 Torus:1,-1,0 Am I missing out some thing in Unproject function???????????? Expecting help..........................

Advertisement
Q: You're passing in Z=0. Why?
A: Because you don't know what the appropriate Z-value is.

Converting points in screen space to points in world space is not trivial, because a given point in screen space maps to an infinite number of points (along a ray) in world space. More info.

Hi

Thanks for the reply...

I have read the link which u have given.

In that they state a method for doing it by generating a picking ray

(which I have done by using the following code:

GLdouble model[16];
GLdouble proj[16];
GLint view[4];
GLdouble x1[1],y1[1],z1[1];
GLdouble x2[1],y2[1],z2[1];

glGetDoublev(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX,model);
glGetDoublev(GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX,proj);
glGetIntegerv(GL_VIEWPORT,view);
gluUnProject(xpos,ypos,0,model,proj,view,x1,y1,z1);
gluUnProject(xpos,ypos,1,model,proj,view,x2,y2,z2);

GLdouble x = x2[0]-x1[0];
GLdouble y = y2[0]-y1[0];
GLdouble z = z2[0]-z1[0];
)
and test for the intersections of the ray with the currently displayed objects.

How to do this part
The link suggested is http://reality.sgi.com/bspfaq/
which I could not open....

Kindly help....

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!