Who knows Fann?

Started by
2 comments, last by AIDev 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi everybody... i would like to know about what need to works with FANN in VC++2005? here is the link about FANN: http://leenissen.dk/fann/ is a neural network libray. I know what have include directories i guess and a DLL Fann, but i don´t what's the includes necessary...and i would like to know what is this includes and that DLL... anyone knows? thanks for the attenction.
Advertisement
VS project files come with the FANN download. You can directly open these in FANN and build the library file. Once you build the library, just include it in your project like you would any other library.
So, I don't need include the DLL directories?
As with any library, you can either dynamically link DLLs, or you can include the library code inside your executable (typically the preferred method).

For the latter, build a .lib file using the included VS project. Add the directory containing this .lib to your paths. Add the directory containing fann.h to your paths. Add fann.lib (or whatever was built earlier) to your link dependencies. #include fann.h in your files. That should do it. This is the standard process for building with any library ...

An easy way to test whether your directories are set up is just to compile some of the included examples.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement