• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cs3d

OpenGL Loading .X file in OpenGL !!

This topic is 3880 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I did a class that load a .X file with animation key frames in OpenGL . I want to know if there are people interested in this type of code . If yes I will create a page to post it . thanks for attention :)

Advertisement
once upon a time i was using X mesh files in my GL projects, i used d3dx library to load the mesh files (yes using GL to render everything), it worked really well because u could obviously load text, binary & compressed x files with ease ...only prob was it was windows only.

Hi friends !
cool , but Im prgramming my class in Linux and I tested in windows too.
I m working on the code yet, but the code is already advanced .
I will use it to a project in my company but Im seeing that load object with animation keyframe is a trouble to everybody I will share with my friends and take sugestions too.
I developed others classes to camera, viewport, etc ... I dont know if all of it is a engine but help much to program in OpenGL.
waiting more opnions

tks

Thats good because I've only been using C++ for several months and although I've learned SDL and OpenGL pretty well... I'm not about to make my own library to load and display X files. Thank you very much.

this classes that kalidor looking good but I didnt test it.
My class uses only GLUT and i will make that the objects be load in Vertex Buffer Object .

I m thinking to create a page .

tks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!