• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Which AI site's are best?

This topic is 3682 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Which is the best AI site that includes: general pseudo-code, source code implimenting the idea, and article's explaining the concept [Edited by - bobwrit on November 1, 2007 8:31:30 PM]

Advertisement
Well that depends on what kind of AI you're interested in.

Do you want something that can play chess, something that can play Quake, or something that can conduct a conversation with you?
They're all "AI", but all rely on completely different concepts/algorithms.

I never found a single good site on general AI or general game AI. The only good sites are the ones of a particular developper about his particular work. And again, you will almost never get source code, because it's more than often tied to many other systems.

Look into papers and conference's slides.

bobwrit,

GA's don't necessarily evolve "software" though, just optimize data structures. Look into Genetic Programming instead.

It sounds like you should get a good book on the subject. Koza's books are the only GP books I've read, but I'm not sure I'd recommend them in this case... Melanie Mitchell has a good book about GA though!

As far as books go, the interlibrary loan system is your friend. At any participating library (which is most of them), you can request a loan from any other participating library. You may not receive it right away, but if you are willing to wait a little bit its great. Also check out worldcat. It will tell you the nearest library thats got the book that you want. Its nice to be able to tell the librarian that library xyz has the book you want and its available.

This system has never failed me.

Quote:
Original post by bobwrit
Which is the best AI site that includes: general pseudo-code, source code implimenting the idea, and article's explaining the concept

I think Gamer.tv is the best game site

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement