November 2007 DirectX SDK out now!

Started by
11 comments, last by arabesc 16 years, 4 months ago
The November 2007 DirectX SDK is out now! GET IT HERE Now to see if the ID3D10Device::OpenSharedResource page has been updated... [evil]
Advertisement
BOLLOCKS! Err I mean, how unfortunate... It appears I'll have to either:

A) Pace up-and-down till the next update in March 2008, hoping that this is the one.

B) Start looking at an ugly task blocking / GPU synchronising system. Arrgh.

BTW. Looks like support for VS2003 is being dropped in March...
Good catch - I've stuck this to the top of the forum for all to see [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

We already had a thread about this last week.
Quote:Original post by Demirug
We already had a thread about this last week.
[headshake] oops. I've been so busy with my day-job that I never even saw that thread...

Thanks for pointing it out - somehow doesn't surprise me that you were the one to start it [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Damn it! I was scooped... hehe [repost]
I think it is interesting to note that Microsoft has removed any mention of Managed DirectX in the Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2007) release. There is no longer a .chm file for managed code; there is no "managed" subdirectory under the "samples" directory and the sample explorer utility no longer has a "managed" check box for filtering. Looks like its time to give up on C# for DirectX applications.

In early October I sent an email to directx@microsoft.com describing what I think is a bug in buffer notifications using c#. I included a demonstration program showing the problem. Briefly, it seems that notifications in the output buffer are generated when the currentWritePosition reaches the notification point instead of based on the currentPlayPosition as documented. As of 11/3/07 I have had no response or even acknowledgement of receipt of my email.

If you want to learn more about this apparent bug, you can read the thread here: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=2361599&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0

There is some discussion by others in the thread questioning if the notifications work correctly in C++/Win32 environment. This is a major problem for me. I at a minimum am faced with rewriting my DirectX related code in C++ and there is some question that this will solve the problem.

Any knowledge of issues related to this that readers here might have would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
I think it is interesting to note that Microsoft has removed any mention of Managed DirectX in the Microsoft DirectX SDK

This change was known to be coming as of early summer, if not before. You shouldn't be that surprised. Managed DirectX is now officially a deprecated project, so of course you're not going to get a response to your bug report.

Quote:
Looks like its time to give up on C# for DirectX applications.

Hardly.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
Quote:
Looks like its time to give up on C# for DirectX applications.

Hardly.

Not to mention XNA.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
I see that dmusici.h is missing from the include files folder from the November SDK

I had some code that used DirectMusic
IDirectMusicSegment8,IDirectMusicAudioPath8,...

What should I use instead ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement