• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kiristu

Unable to watch static variables with CLR w/ Visual C++ Express 2005

This topic is 3979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was working on a pure C++ project under Visual C++ Express 2005, when I tried to add some forms with the embedded system, and it asked me to convert my project to "CLR". So I did this, and all seems to work quite fine except I'm not able to watch the static variables in debug mode. I know this is a known issue, as I found some topics about this, but no explanation on how to solve the problem. In addition, I'm using LTProf to profile the application, and my functions are not listed anymore in the result (they were before the conversion). Any idea on the way to easily watch the static variables (else than having local variables everywhere I want to debug ...), and also how I can use my profiler again (or any other profiling method that could work) ? Thanks, K.

Advertisement
Hey,
Yeah when you add forms using the form designer, it will require your app to become a managed application, which changes it from native C++ to C++/CLI.

Try using microsoft's CLR Profiler to help with debugging.

If you don't want it to change to CLR app, you could make your forms using Win32 functions, which will keep your project in native C++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!