• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
andrei999

form scaling

This topic is 3939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello :) Im trying to achieve the following in C#: when the form loads, it should scale vertically (Y axis) with a number of pixels. I searched the msdn but only found methods of drawing inside the form, some scaled rectangles. I dont need scaled rectangles inside the form, I need to scale the form itself. Here's what I wrote so far:

private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
        {
            Graphics g;
            g = e.Graphics;
            g.SmoothingMode = SmoothingMode.HighQuality;
            g.RotateTransform(45);
            Rectangle recForm = new Rectangle(0, 0, this.Width, this.Height);
            Pen pen = new Pen(Color.Black);
            g.DrawRectangle(pen, recForm);

}

}

where is my mistake? I thought when I call DrawRectangle, it redraws my form, but it actually draws inside it. edit - oh yes I posted by mistake the code for rotating not scaling but its the same thing. It affects drawings inside the form not the form itself. I tried scaling too , it does not work. Regards,

Advertisement
I don't really use C#, but doesn't the form object have a resize method(maybe in a super class) that you could use in the action handler when the form loads?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!