• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CoMaNdore

OpenGL An effective way to render a level

This topic is 3938 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I have now nailed the basics of a quadtree for my isometric 3d game. The problem now comes when I want to render the tree structure effectivly. The problem could also be the way im storing rendering info. Right now each data-leaf contains: a stl::vector with a list of SceneCaches that consist of a list of triangles and a texture to render them with. so to render a data-leaf: // pesudo - pesudo code // in DataLeaf - Draw() iter = m_SceneC->begin(); end = m_SceneC->end(); while( iter != end ) { (*iter)->Draw(); +iter; }; /code] All this is done using imidiate calls to opengl (glVertex3f and so on) What I would like is to use VBO's to render this level. How? Keep in mind that there is many nodes that may contain a bit of diffrent textures. Also: Is the tree storage structure the best way to go about this on? Cheers :)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!