• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[java] Loading an image in java NOT APPLET

This topic is 3822 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am loading images i prefer jpg, but will settle for almost anything, i'm trying to load many images in a java program (this is NOT and applet) and also how would i position it by X and Y position any help code or links are appreciated thanks in advance thoover if i cannot load images at least how would i use artist commands (only know how to do this in applets, and i tried almost same way but with no luck also in java im using JFrame as my windows with a JPane inside the frame...) anything else you need please ask.

Advertisement
now my question is, how do i get the java program to know that the images are in the jar not the folder itself???

I'm not positive about this, but I think you could use something like this.getClass().getResource(String name) which will return a URL that you can use in ImageIO.read(). I think that "name" should be a path relative to the base of your package. So, if you have a package "foo.bar.TheClassThatNeedsTheImage", and the image is "foo/resources/image.bmp", then "name" would be "resources/image.bmp".

If this doesn't work then tell me and I'll look a little closer at how it should be done.

Greggles

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement