• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C++/CLI Protection Level Error in C#

This topic is 3760 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was trying to import a c++ class into a c# program, and I made a c++/cli wrapper for it, and in my c# app I can create the object for the dll ok, and I can see the functions it has, but when I try to call a function that has a return type of the class name in the c++ dll, it says "CManagedDirectXWrapper.GetInterface() is inaccesible due to its protection level" //C++ DLL class __declspec(dllexport)CDirectXDLL # { # public: # # CDirectXDLL(void); # void TestFunction() {} # # }; # # CDirectXDLL::CDirectXDLL() # { # return; # } # # # # # # //Managed DLL # # __gc public class CManagedDirectXDLL// : public CDirectXDLL # { # # public: # # # CManagedDirectXDLL(void) # { # return; # } # # void Create() # { # m_pDirectX = new CDirectXDLL(); # } # # CDirectXDLL *GetInterface() # { # return m_pDirectX; # } # ............................................. # # # # //C# code, if a function returns CDirectXDLL, it cant access it due to protection level... # public void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) # { # VideoDriver.CManagedDirectXDLL Engine = new VideoDriver.CManagedDirectXDLL(); # Engine.Create();//IS OK # Engine.GetInterface()->TestFunction(); error CS0122: 'VideoDriver.CManagedDirectXDLL.GetInterface()' is inaccessible due to its protection level Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement