• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vs322

.fx files in VC++ 2005 express

This topic is 4006 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Simple question: is there some way (other than simply naming the file .h while editing and renaming it .fx when saved) to have c style highlighting and indenting automatically when editing .fx files in VC++ 2005 express. I know that the express versions do not support plug ins, but maybe some one here has found a way. It would just be nice for keeping track of parens, brackets etc. quick edit: what I have been doing is editing it as a .cpp file then running a .bat file that copies it to my /debug and /release folders and renames it to a .fx file... just looking for something more elegant.

Advertisement
Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> File extentions. Then add .fx and set the editor as Visual C++.

I'm pretty sure that feature is there in express too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!