• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yurian

My first game 1 error from being finished! -still not solved!

This topic is 4057 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Put code in [ source][/ source] tags. Makes it much easier to read. Also, check the filename of the image in the folder. I assume all the other images work?

Quote:
Original post by yurian

if(alreadyload == false)
{
failure = load_bitmap("failure.bmp",NULL);
deathvalley = load_bitmap("deathvalley.bmp",NULL);
omg =load_bitmap("omg.bmp",NULL);
player = load_bitmap("player.bmp",NULL);
playera = load_bitmap("playera.bmp",NULL);
fuzzy = load_bitmap("fuzzy.bmp",NULL);
fuzzya = load_bitmap("fuzzya.bmp",NULL);
froggy = load_bitmap("froggy.bmp",NULL);
froggya = load_bitmap("froggya.bmp",NULL);
reaper = load_bitmap("reaper.bmp",NULL);
reapera = load_bitmap("reapera.bmp",NULL);
sammy = load_bitmap("sammy.bmp",NULL);
sammya = load_bitmap("sammya.bmp",NULL);
drksp = load_bitmap("drksp.bmp",NULL);
drkspa = load_bitmap("drkspa.bmp",NULL);
}

i am not an expert, but looking at that, it might be the load line, notice how its "=load_bitmap" try putting a space between maybe? seeing as the rest load and thats the only difference i can see.

hope i was right and its helps

Congrants on getting this far. There are, however, a lot of things that should be changed with this. What is the output of the game so far? It looks like everything may be getting overwritten. Consider rendering a complete frame to a offscreen buffer first, and then page-flip that to the visible screen ala :

[source lang='c']

BITMAP* doubleBuffer = create_bitmap( SCREEN_W , SCREEN_H );

// draw elements like this :

masked_blit(froggy , doubleBuffer , 0 , 0 ,estartx,y , froggy->w , froggy->h );

// check this return status of the function calls :
omg =load_bitmap("omg.bmp",NULL); // <-- check status of 'omg' to ensure it has loaded properly...

Well, I doubt this fixes anything, maybe if you send me an exe or post a screenie...

I only had one possible background, and 2 possible pictures for each character, so I did not think it nessacary to use double buffering.

It does not flicker or have any such problem =)

Post a screenie. Also, omg bitmap isn't created using the allegro reserved transparent color is it ( R 255 G 0 B 255 )?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/Tridecagondraw/noomg.jpg

Here you go, please don't shout at me for ripping sprites from a game =)
I just wanted to see what it would look like before I draw my own pictures and put it in...

Ok the problem here, you see that empty space between the two characters? Supposedly a huge exclamation mark appears and you press space as fast as you can to defeat-ify the enemy.

And the background DOES have 255, 0, 255 in it =) otherwise you see a white sqaure, right? Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!