• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Installing DirectX?

This topic is 3718 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decided I was going to install directx today to try out a sample. I downloaded the August 2007 sdk and did unzipped; the file when loaded. When I tried to run setup I got a window that said "Microsoft_DirectX_SDK.msi not found| Retry" After another attempt it said winzip does not exist on my computer and it must be loaded(So what was I using then?). I re-downloaded winzip and the same thing happened. I unzipped it to a folder and there was a file called Microsoft_DirectX....(Couldn't see the rest) and after trying to run it, I received the prompt that said "Another loading is in progress! Retry" There was no other file opened according to task manager and I could not see another one. How do I install DirectX sdk if all these methods failed? Or am I doing something horribly wrong. I am running vista and also tried, "Run as administrator" and the same thing happened. Thanks a lot

Advertisement
Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with DirectX, but with the system. It just sounds like it is acting strange.

Get a copy of AVG (its free) www.Grisoft.com
Also a copy of Ad-Aware (its free) www.Lavasoft.com

Run them both, run disk cleanup, defrag, redownload the DirectX SDK and try it again.

Seriously, it sounds like you might have a virus or something.

I encountered this problem. Uninstalling all of my 2005 and 2006 directx installs before trying to install august 2007 fixed it. (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, make sure Show updates is clicked).

sai

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement