• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mysockshurt

Installing DirectX?

This topic is 3987 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decided I was going to install directx today to try out a sample. I downloaded the August 2007 sdk and did unzipped; the file when loaded. When I tried to run setup I got a window that said "Microsoft_DirectX_SDK.msi not found| Retry" After another attempt it said winzip does not exist on my computer and it must be loaded(So what was I using then?). I re-downloaded winzip and the same thing happened. I unzipped it to a folder and there was a file called Microsoft_DirectX....(Couldn't see the rest) and after trying to run it, I received the prompt that said "Another loading is in progress! Retry" There was no other file opened according to task manager and I could not see another one. How do I install DirectX sdk if all these methods failed? Or am I doing something horribly wrong. I am running vista and also tried, "Run as administrator" and the same thing happened. Thanks a lot

Advertisement
Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with DirectX, but with the system. It just sounds like it is acting strange.

Get a copy of AVG (its free) www.Grisoft.com
Also a copy of Ad-Aware (its free) www.Lavasoft.com

Run them both, run disk cleanup, defrag, redownload the DirectX SDK and try it again.

Seriously, it sounds like you might have a virus or something.

I encountered this problem. Uninstalling all of my 2005 and 2006 directx installs before trying to install august 2007 fixed it. (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, make sure Show updates is clicked).

sai

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!