• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Tower Wars early test version

This topic is 3765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm making a game in C++. It's called Tower Wars. It will be a game for two players, but now an early test version is ready. This test version (called TowerWars 20071104) is only for one player, because it is to test the game play and bugs before implementing the other player. It is inspired by Desktop Tower Defense, but the two player aspect will allow two players to compete against each other on one computer. The goal of the game is as follows: Monsters will spawn in the green squares and try to reach the red square. You need to build towers that will shoot the monsters. Your goal is to prevent the monsters from reaching the end, by building powerful enough towers, and by building a maze so that it takes the monsters longer to reach the end. Could you test this one player version and let me know if it plays well, if there are any bugs, or features that are really missing? It's played using the keyboard. This turns out to be harder than with the mouse, but it'll be necessary for the two player version: you can't use the mouse with two players at the time, but the keyboard is possible. Controls (adjustable!): *) wasd: move world selector *) ry: move tower selector (i.e: choose a tower to build) *) t: build tower (the key between the keys to move the tower selector) *) u: upgrade tower *) v: sell tower There is also a cheat key ;) You can build first, then press start to start the game. It works both in Windows and Linux, since a binary for both OSes is included! In Linux there are even two ways in which it works: by running the binary towerwars_linux, or by running towerwars.exe in wine. Maybe one or both of these binaries can even be run on an intel-Mac? Download it here: http://members.gamedev.net/lode/projects/TowerWars/TowerWars_20071104.zip Screenshot is here: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Can you beat my highscore? I'm sure you can :) Here's a screenshot after using the cheat code and building all the best towers: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us P.S.: everything is adjustable: -adjust the keys in "controls.txt" -adjust the stats of towers and monsters in "tw.txt" -adjust the textures by editing "textures.png" P.S.2: you may wonder what the "juggling penalty" is. It's a gold penalty for selling towers, that increases each level, because otherwise it's too easy to use a certain tactic that isn't so fun imho: juggling. [Edited by - Lode on November 4, 2007 9:07:49 AM]

Advertisement
I've tried it out and it's quite good =) Can't say there's any features missing (if you're not going to change the game play, tower 1 is efficient against enemy 1 but inefficient against enemy 2 and so on) and didn't encounter any bugs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement