• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
T-mot

OpenGL Blending two texture..

This topic is 3882 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have two texture units, and I want to combine or blend it into one texture. Can you help me for do that?? For information, I using OpenGL.. But, doesn't really know about the step to do the blending... THanx

Advertisement
Hi,

do you want to use this combined texture in OpenGL or store it somewhere? Because if you want to use it in OpenGL just take a look at multitexturing..

I want to use the texture.. So after I have two textures, I want to combine it into one texture. After that the result of combine texture, I want to use it...

So I can do that with multitexturing????

Em.. I has been read some tutorial about multitexturing... But, all of the tutorial usually use the result of texture combine for drawing object.

And I want to use the result of combining two texture for another process. Is it possible?? So, I want to blend two texture into one texture... And the result will be used for another process....
What I should do with multitexture step???

OK.. blend two texture into one texture.. It's can be done with multitexturing.. But in your case you said that you want combine its into one texture.
Em... I'm not sure, that multitexture can do that.
I usually used multitexture for draw in another object, not save it into another texture. Because I confuse too, how i can save the result into a texture, so I usually draw it in object..

Maybe someone else can give you another advise??

A texture can be used as render target via frame buffer object (FBO).

http://www.idevgames.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11434.html

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!