Anyone worked with MS CRM v. 3.0?

Started by
5 comments, last by jakem3s90 16 years, 5 months ago
Well some people at work want me to be able to change templates in CRM. I was wondering if anyone had experience in this. I've been reading up on it. It seems that one wouldn't touch the SQL data but instead manipulate the metadata. Also I see there's a client and server SDK for CRM. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks. edit: changed title for clarity [Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on November 18, 2007 11:57:48 AM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
No one?

Are you talking about a CRM tool in particular? As far as I know, CRM just stands for Customer Relationship Management, for which there are many software solutions for. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific?
You lost me, CRM is Customer Relations Management.
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
[...]I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.
You're not going to get a useful response as long as nobody has any idea what you're talking about. Elaborating could significantly improve your chances of receiving a helpful response.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Sorry, Microsoft actually has software called CRM and it's currently at version 3.0. So I don't mean the concept, but the software that's actually called MS CRM.

Hello! I have worked with it, unfortunately it's been a couple of years now. Microsoft does have an SDK for it. If I remember correctly you could interface with all of the CRM data via webservices on the CRM server. Also, there's a file called ISV.Config that'll let you change the way the software looks, flows, etc. You could also write &#106avascript on events on the out of the box CRM pages. (You can add custom pages that you program as well, using the webservice interfaces I mentioned above to work with CRM data). Also, as you mentioned, hitting CRM's SQL database directly is a big no no per MS, I think it's because if the underlying data structures change when MS goes to a new version, your code will break.

Anyway, you can customize a lot of what the software does, it just all depends on how much work you want to do, as well as how many hoops you want to jump through.

I think MSDN had some good examples on it for code, and there were some news groups out there that had invaluable information. PM me if you want more specific info, or have any questions!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement