FPS Game Engine

Started by
3 comments, last by mightypigeon 16 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know of any other free FPS Game Engines besides Quake 3 and Sauerbraten (Cube 2)?
Advertisement
Use google, and take a look here. Other than that, you will need to give more information on what you are looking for, your level of programming and artistic skills, etc.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Yeah, I already look at that link. They mostly just graphic rendering engines. Was looking more for complete game engine like Quake 3.

I been using google and Cube and Quake are only ones I have found.

Programming wise, I know dozen of languages including C, C++ and Java. Learning new languages is not a problem for me (its learning the API that takes time). My C/C++ is pretty rusty though.

Quake 3/Cube 2 meet what I looking for expect, though prefer not to use GPL license. And to start with would need to use freely available maps and models, since I don't have much artist skills.

I'm just more interested in the coding side. I have a friend working on maps and models. But its very early stages and its more just to learn then actually make a game. Since the effort required to make a full game is beyond a 2 man team.
Try Crystal Space. Granted it's not just for FPS, but add-on CEL (on the site) and you'll be going pretty darn soon.
Holy crap, you can read!
Cube's license isn't GPL. It's zlib iirc.
[size="1"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement