Sign in to follow this  
JustChris

Having trouble setting up ODE with Windows

JustChris    150
I am trying to use the Open Dynamics Engine and some files are missing and others are probably not in the right place. I am using the CodeBlocks IDE so I used Premake (just like in the install instructions) to create the workspace, and opened that up in CodeBlocks. I compiled the ODE libs with that workspace, and moved all the appropriate files to the lib and include folders. However, I cannot run any of the test programs. Is there anything else I should link to besides -lopengl32 and -lode? I'm not at home so I cannot tell you the exact errors, but it came up with a lot of undefined references to the DrawStuff functions, and most notably, it needs a lot of headers that I don't have, such as alloca.h. Why would a Windows build need alloca.h when malloc.h is right there?

Tarrant    122
The alloca.h header requirement is for linux builds. What you need to do is copy libs/ode-0.8/build/config-default.h to ode-0.8/include/ode/config.h. (Or whatever version of ode you are using...I might have some folders wrong too since when I used it we might have done some shuffling...but either way you want to replace the current config.h file with the config-default.h file.)