Anyone needs someone to speak Dialogue?

Started by
4 comments, last by nsmadsen 16 years, 4 months ago
I am wanting to work in the Games Industry and as I am not very creative I am wondering if I can start with speaking dialogue for characters. I am looking for work within London, as I can't afford to travel far. I am 17, Male and did do Drama as an A level, so I have had experience.
Advertisement
Your best bet to get started is to put up some samples somewhere. Then post in Your Announcements offering your services.
Hey,

One thing you need to consider is while you may have drama experience, do you have recording experience? Unless you're willing to travel to someone's studio to record, you'll have to record yourself. Do you have a setup where you can produce a clean recording of your voice? If you don't have a setup and don't have experience in audio, then how you are going to record your voice overs if you can't use someone else?

Just something to consider. Best of luck!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

www.myspace.com/jordanandsimon

Me and a friend were messing around recording a song. I am the one you hear first. So yes, I have got access to a studio and I have had experience.
I dont really think that voice acting is a "career" you can have in the industry. Guild Wars had people from my college to try out for voice testing, so your either going to get paid little or nothing.

Plus your myspace audio was crap. People talking and trying to rap....

I don't know if or how people hire for voice acting but I know for sure they arent looking for what you posted. You probably need to have a picture or animation of a character you are recording for and change your voice up and maybe use some audio software to tweak stuff. Probably for multiple characters.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Quote:Original post by dpadam450
I dont really think that voice acting is a "career" you can have in the industry. Guild Wars had people from my college to try out for voice testing, so your either going to get paid little or nothing.

Actually I disagree and have worked with many famous and pretty rich voice actors. True it can be a hard career to break into but your above statement is pretty far off the mark. Many of the voice actors I work with make their entire living from voice acting, so it is completely possible.

Quote:Original post by dpadam450
Plus your myspace audio was crap. People talking and trying to rap....

I don't know if or how people hire for voice acting but I know for sure they arent looking for what you posted. You probably need to have a picture or animation of a character you are recording for and change your voice up and maybe use some audio software to tweak stuff. Probably for multiple characters.

However, I do agree completely with this. xitwenty20ix, you need to find a better, more professional medium to post your demo reel. My Space doesn't really impress that much and plus it doesn't help single you out of the crowd since everyone and their dog has a myspace page right now.

I hope that helps,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement