Sign in to follow this  

Rotating portions of vertex buffer around an arbitrary axis

This topic is 3678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In directX 9, I've got a vertex buffer I want to lock a portion of, rotate the verticies in that locked area around an arbitrary axis. I don't want to just multiply the matrix of the entire buffer by a transformation matrix, I want to change the x, y and z values of each vertex to have the rotation. How would I go about doing this? I know how to lock the buffer and change the vertex position data, I just don't know how to perform the rotation and get the new x, y, z coords. Cheers. [Edited by - Citizen Erased on November 21, 2007 8:46:22 AM]

i think your problem might be that you're send down the matrix with the vertex buffer so that it is *rendered* with that transformation, but what you want to do is actually change the mesh. is that right?

it's been a while since i've used d3d, but aren't there dynamic vertex buffers? i think that's what you need.

This topic is 3678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.