Sign in to follow this  

Battle Forces Online - An RPG Tactics Game

This topic is 3678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://www.battleforcesonline.com Battle Forces Online is a tactical turn based RPG game. You control a number of "Blades". You configure their starting setup. You battle other players in a multi-player heads up arena. Free for all to play! How many can you gather under your command? This is an isometric game in which you have 6 Blades / Units to start with. Wager and win more Blades from other players. There will be something at stake every single battle! http://www.battleforcesonline.com

Hey mobeamer. Your game looks pretty good. Reminds me a lot of tactics arena. I tried it but couldn't find anyone to play against :(

I'm working on a game similar to this. We tried launching it a while ago with just multiplayer but we couldn't get that "critical mass". The problem is people would log in, there would be nobody to play against, and so they would log out. And since everyone was doing this, there would be nobody for the next person to play against.

So we're working on adding a single player to our game, which we figure will give people something to do when there's nobody to play against. You might want to add an AI that people can fight. That would keep people online long enough for someone else to log on. To make it interesting, you could even add multiple levels of AI, and award prizes for beating higher levels. You wouldn't necessarily need to code multiple versions of the AI, rather you could make a level harder by, for example, forcing the player to use 5 units instead of 6.

It isn't as hard as you might think to code the AI, though it might stress your server a bit if you have it server-side. In fact, I might even be able to help you out with it if you want (I already coded the AI for my game, and its pretty similar).

All-in-all it looks pretty solid. Good luck with it.

Sign in to follow this