Kennedy Approach for PC

Started by
2 comments, last by Grecco 16 years, 4 months ago
I'm new here, and I don't think I will contribute much, but who knows. For years I've been waiting for some kind of remake or follow up for the C-64 game named "Kennedy Approach". Also available on the Atari and Amiga home computers over 20 years ago. If you're around my age you'll probably heard of it, and maybe even played it and maybe maybe even liked it. It's for those people I post this: I made a Windows (xp/vista) version of it. Look at http://www.marck.info Same graphics (well, almost), same voice, same gameplay. Questions and comments you can post here, I'll check back and aswer/reply where necessary. Grtz, Weps
Advertisement
I tested it out but couldn't really figure out what was going on...the game seemed to play for itself and none of the keyboard or mouse inputs had any effect, and there were no instructions. Anyway it appears very old school :)
There is a link to the manual on the site. You can't miss it, it's named "manual".

Basic instructions: hit a to z to select plane labeled a to z. You can only select planes that are in your area. Then hit the cursor keys to set altitude/direction and press enter/space to issue the command.

If this still doesn't work, post back. It might be some windows keyboard related issue that I haven't encountered yet (have only tested with US-int keyboard).

And yes, it will start to play for itself after a minute (it plays a demo).

And yes, it is old skool :-)

Brilliant! One of my favourite C64 games, gonna check it out right away!
Simulation & Visualization Software
GPU Computing
www.organicvectory.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement