• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrappers

This topic is 6700 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've heard CDX is pretty good, or NukeDX. Why not just write your own, though? Thats what I did, mostly for convienence so that I don't have to rewrite all my DirectX code for each project.

Advertisement
Using wrappers is ugly. I don't like it, because you can't optimize things for specific problems. Better learn DX or OpenGL and write that stuff on your own. It'll help you in future.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

i did write my own wrapper, but it was a lot of work for not much. i now just use a wrapper for creating directx stuff only, i access it and everything else directly.

What is the best wrapper out there that is free?? I don't care if it is for OpenGL or DX(DX would be better though). Thanks for any info.

I do know DX but want something to do the easy stuff so that I can do more work on the rest of the program instead of wondering how to do the init. I think like mutex does, a lot of work for very little. Thanks for the input though.

[This message has been edited by wizzard (edited September 15, 1999).]

• Advertisement