A mobile phone where you can code

Started by
5 comments, last by mazelle 16 years, 5 months ago
Is there such thing nowadays? Like you could install a C++ compiler in it and write code. If there is one, what model is it? How much does it cost? I'd like to use it in coding small stuff, utility functions and all while waiting or something.
Advertisement
If you have good connectivity, you could always install an SSH client like midpssh on it and connect to a suitable machine somewhere to work on.
As for something that can drive a compiler locally, you'd have to get something rather massive, possibly an unlocked iPhone or maybe one of the Windows Mobile phones.

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

You can write applications for every mobile phone which supports java (phones of some years ago).
Look at java microedition, I tried it using eclipse and it worked greatly!
I was looking for the same thing for my Nokia 9500, I couldn't find much. The closest thing I got was Python for S60 ( Link ), but the 9500 is a S80 model. I would recommend the new Nokia E90 which has S60 for this. If you do find anything else, please let me know. As I am also looking.

As for those asking why we ppl would want to code ON (not FOR) our mobile devices ... because WE CAN. (see my profile for the previous discussions)
Try, try and fucking try again.
How about Android? That sounds great to me.
Quote:Original post by Talib
As for those asking why we ppl would want to code ON (not FOR) our mobile devices

Uhm! Didn't get it! Let me go code on paper now...
So there's no concrete phone for this yet. I'm planning to buy a new phone so I was wondering if there's a phone that has this feature. It would be great to code some cute, little math functions on your coffee break or just about any leisure, waiting time.

Python for E90 is something though. I haven't tried Python but if I can code with it, then I guess it's fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement