C# & C++ tutorials ???

Started by
2 comments, last by Trillian 16 years, 5 months ago
Hi, im very new to game development and i found a website (phstudios.com) which had a game development series which went from simple games in 2d in c# to 3d ones in c ++ but the problem was you can only see the first 2 videos for free and the rest u had to pay, and they were only info about what we were going to do. i was wondering if there are any good tutorials on game development in c# and C++ that start small and eventually get bigger and better. i searched on the internet but i cant find any GOOD EXPLAINING ones. thanks
Advertisement
Bump
first focus on learning to program. Then learn how to make games. You will find better resources if you focus on programming in general then focus on different aspects of game programming like graphics and Ai.
Are you new to game programming or to general programming? If you're new to programming, you'll have to go through general tutorials to learn a programming language before you start coding a game.

You seem to mix up C# and C++ a bit too easily, they are completely separate languages. If you don't know any of them, try C#, it's a pretty good language for beginners as it's way simpler than C++. You'll be progressing faster in C# and might have more fun.

If, as your post seems to suggest, you haven't programmed much yet, then stop googling for "game programming tutorial" and start googling for "C# beginner tutorial". That way, you'll be able to find tutorials you can follow on.

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement