Sign in to follow this  

32- PIN EPROM CHIPS help

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Why the 27C801? It's only 1MB in size, although that's fairly big for an EPROM.

Since the largest one I've seen is 4Mb I really doubt you'll find a 16Mb or 32Mb one.

[Edited by - Scet on November 24, 2007 10:03:14 AM]

Quote:
Original post by TheTroll
The question is do you really want an EPROM or will non-volatile ram be just as effective? The largest EPROMs I know of are 4 megs.

theTroll
ok im trying to build a dev cart using a tut( http://snesdev.romhack.de/som2.htm ) i found on the net ... it says to use this chip (27C801-120 eprom ) and says its 8 mb and i need 4 chips for a 32mb capticty but i hate soldering and would rather have 1 32 mb or 2 16mb for cart ...

how big is 27C801-120 eprom ? .. i actually need this type of memory to work on the super nes...

i m looking for a online store that sells eprom , and have had no luck

Be aware that ROM is measured in bits, not bytes. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. Not sure if you knew that, but the terms "megs" and "MB" makes things confusing.

Also a simple Google search for "27C801" brought up a couple places that sell them on the first page. You might also want to try eBay.

Quote:
Original post by Scet
Be aware that ROM is measured in bits, not bytes. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. Not sure if you knew that, but the terms "megs" and "MB" makes things confusing.

Also a simple Google search for "27C801" brought up a couple places that sell them on the first page. You might also want to try eBay.

so if the diagram is calling for 32 megs--- and 4 27c801 to make 32 megs....is there a one chip equivalent ?

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.