Sign in to follow this  
suliman

settings in VC++2005 (edit and continue problem)

Hi I got problems with edit and continue. A user gave me this comment but i cannot message him. So my question is, where exactely do i apply these settings and do i put them all in a line like so: /ZI /Od The comment was: It sounds like your project settings are messed up - make sure that all of the standard debug options are set in the project settings; ( /ZI (debug info for edit & continue), /Od (disabled optimisation), /RTC1 (basic runtime checks), /MTd or /MTDd (debug runtime library)...

Hello,

There are two places you can put that in.

Under Project Properties->C/C++->Command Line, just add the options to the Additional Options text box.

Or, you can change the appropriate IDE options:

Under Project Properties->C/C++->General, change Debug Information Format to Program Database for Edit & Continue (/ZI). This enables /ZI option.

Under Project Properties->C/C++->Optimization, change Optimization to Disabled (/Od) This invokes the /Od option.

tried both and/or combinations and still edit and continue in greyed out in the debug menu.

Is this a known issue or can there be other settings that disables edit and continue? It is enabled in options and i run debug with the mentioned commands both on and off, still its not available.

I try to edit and continue different files, like my main.cpp or some other cpp. But no...

I really need this feature.
Erik

Hello,

Quote:

can there be other settings that disables edit and continue?

Are you trying to disable it? The /ZI option that you wanted to set enables it...

If you can describe the initil problem in more detail, we might be able to help you out more.

No i want to use edit and continue but now i cannot.

I have all the stuff set as it should be, yet edit and continue is greyed out in the menu. I run debug mode, i have edit and continue enabled in options, and i try both with and without different commands like these discussed in this tread. Still no luck...

E