No Audio from Sonar 7!

Started by
3 comments, last by Kylotan 16 years, 4 months ago
Ok ok, I know that I should have a soundcard for my laptop, but atm I am using the SigmaTel integrated chip in my laptop. I am going to be getting a soundblaster x-fi express card soon, but for now I wanted to know if its possible to hear audio in sonar7 without a sound card, or are my settings wrong? Help me out!! No auido from my headphones, nor even the laptop speakers.
DarkTech Software.
Advertisement
Hey,

I have Sonar Producer 6, but perhaps I can help you out.

First off, check to see what is listed under Options == Audio == General. See if the Playback Timing Master and Record Timing Master have anything assigned to them. If not, try the pull down menu and see if you have any options. If you have no options listed then try:

Clicking the Drivers tab and see what Input-Output Drivers you have listed. If you have nothing, then perhaps you need to run the wave profiler (which basically just tests your audio card). After this test is run, see if you now have any options listed under Input-Output Drivers. Make sure they're clicked and then go back to the General Tab and make sure your hardware is assigned.

If none of this works, perhaps you need to contact Cakewalk Tech support and make sure your audio card is supported.

I wish I could offer more help than just this, but without being there...it is kinda hard. :)

I hope that helps!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I can say that several of my audio students (who sometimes work from laptops) have had issues with the SigmaTel integrated chip and Sonar. I can contact some of them and see how they fixed it....if they fixed it! :) Many of my students just use the college's gear instead.

Best of luck,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Ok, I have fixed it, but its a strange work-around. It only works on instruments on specific "channels" like only channel 3, 5, work, and sometimes 1 does, it just depends on the tutorial file. Its weird.
DarkTech Software.
I've often found that Sonar does a rather random job of deciding what outputs to use, especially if the available devices have changed since the file was saved. Check that the tracks and/or buses you're using have an output that corresponds to your SigmaTel chip, and not something useless like a webcam, microphone, another output that's not plugged into anything, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement