Sign in to follow this  

[java] java 2d gamelibrary?

This topic is 3677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This might be a common question, but didnt find any when I searched the forum. I've been playing around a bit with slick2d (I liked it alot, much better than the standard 2d), a great game-library for 2d-game development, however as far as I know it's windows only, and a month or so I became a linux/gnu-blessed-user, it's so much faster than windows vista (and xp for that matter...). So now I'd like to find a 2d game-library for linux/gnu? I'm not certain if jME or LWJGL is any good for pure 2d programming (or mostly pure 2d). And no, I do not want to switch language to c# or c++, atleast not for now, I will learn c++ and c# in the future. Any suggestions are appreciated.

IIRC Slick is pure-java ontop of LWJGL, so should run fine on linux and mac. LWJGL is also good for cross-platform 2d, but you get a much lower level interface than Slick provides (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on what you're doing).

This topic is 3677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.