is ruby ok?

Started by
7 comments, last by Kaze 16 years, 4 months ago
Is ruby ok for game development?
Advertisement
There's really just one way to find out: try to develope a game in it yourself. There's actually no better way to know.
I mean in general. Like the design of the language and its capabilities.
Ruby is a fine language. As for game development, there is a library Rubygame, much like pygame for Python AFAIK.
Quote:Original post by NisseBosseLasse
There's really just one way to find out: try to develope a game in it yourself. There's actually no better way to know.
Personally, I find it's better to build off the experiences and knowledge of others.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Quote:Original post by think_different
Personally, I find it's better to build off the experiences and knowledge of others.

I find the contrast between your name and your statement humorous [grin]

"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Quote:Original post by Instruo
Quote:Original post by think_different
I find the contrast between your name and your statement humorous [grin]
Haha, perhaps.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Short Answer: Yes

Slightly Longer Answer:

Most languages are perfectly fine for game development, any general purpose language that isn't designed to be a royal pain in the ass (Brainfuck for example) should work well enough.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
i liked the ruby language itself but last time i used it the main problem was a lot of the library's for it including rubygame were still beta-ish and lacked good documentation or tutorials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement