Heellllpp got a wicked idea and need help

Started by
5 comments, last by Evil Booger 16 years, 4 months ago
Got an awesome idea for a game basiclly what do i need to know to make a side scrolling fighting game, think streets of rage and also would i need to be concerned about netplay now or can i make it and then do the internet side of it or should i be concerned about that now? lol ALL help appreciated lol This is a what do i need to know thing lol
Advertisement
Yo
That sounds like a pretty awesome idea
I too am taking into consideration an online game of that nature. I love the old retro games like

Streets of rage 2

Mazin Wars

Golden Axe

Alien Soldier

Knights of the Round

Sorry just a chance for me to think back on the retro life :)

But yeah to make one of this games online would be an awesome idea.

I would concider helping.

(Game images supplied by VGmusem)
wicked cheers dude, i love all those retro games itd be awesome to make them into an online reality, ill send you my contact details and you can check out some of the concepts ive come up with

but still no closer to knowing what i need to know :P lol, what programming language would be needed to achieve somehting like this? anyone?
Awesome i would be interesting in taking it further, i love 2D based games, i spent a long part of my childhood on RPG maker lol hours and hours a day just making pointles games then starting over again lol.

Im pretty good at using flash and could most probaly make a 2D game in that, but flash for me is very mobile phone (not cell phone i am english :P) and something like c++ or even VB would probaly be better.

Any one else suggest something?
well C++ would be ideal i think, i dunno im yet to learn it lol but knowing what language to use would be a great help in knowing where to start, i guess even VB would work but that involves breaking out the books from computing lol ill send you some of the art ive already done and maybe you could throw together some of your own concepts from that

Anyone whos a programmer wanna give us a point in the right direction?? :P
If you are aiming to create a 2D scrolling beat 'em up with little or no knowledge of programming, then consider using an existing engine like OpenBOR (Beats of Rage) which is very open to modification and the core engine has been ported to many other platforms.

http://www.lavalit.com/

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

I was thinking about making a game similar to Streets of Rage but I have no idea how to program that without actually having the animations.

Anyways, good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement