Making the Most of Wiimote

Started by
19 comments, last by Driv3MeFar 16 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I wanted to start a thread on ideas on how to get the most fun out of the Wiimote motion controller interface. So far, the ideas I've come up with for Wiimote manipulation are - punching/slapping - grabbing/choking - sword-and-shield fighting - gunfighting - axe-swinging - light sabre - knives, daggers, etc - baton-swinging, club-swinging - whips - lasso - flashlight - magnifying glass - magic wand spellcasting - feather tickling - paintbrush - firehose - shoveling I dunno, can anyone think of any other interesting and novel ways to use the Wiimote?
Advertisement
To be honest, can't you really do anything involving your hands with the Wiimote?
Dulce non decorum est.
I'm surprised there hasn't been an overflow of samurai and sword-fighting games. And I'm also surprised there hasn't been any attachments. Like a sword you put the WiiMote into to simulate using a sword.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Well there is this or even this and yet another
Well. Wow. Now there needs to be is a katana version.

Heh, some more I forgot:

-Chainsaw
-grenade
-torch/candle
-keys
-spraycan
-hammer
-pen/pencil
-cigar
-fork/knife/spoon

Yeah, come to think of it, I guess you're right that any handheld implement could become a game implement.

So I'm wondering then if a tool-oriented game, where each tool would require distinctly different motions and provide distinctly different capabilities, would provide a more entertaining style of gameplay.

Perhaps you would come across an object during the game, suddenly wield it in your hands, and have to figure out what motion is suitable for making that tool work. For instance, if you came across a shovel and wielded it, then you'd have to make appropriate shoveling motions to make use of it, as opposed to making trombone motions to make use of a trombone.

I'm wondering if you could play a game like charades using the Wiimote?
Could you sign your name with it, using pen-like motions, in order to provide signon authentication?

I'm also thinking that the game could track your motion in order to give you feedback on calories burned. Or else, if the game senses that your motions are getting erratic, uncoordinated and tired, then it could throttle back the action for a short recovery period.

Could fighting orcs become your new morning exercise workout, instead of jogging?
How about Wii Bench Press?
Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath

Isn't that coming out next year? (I'm being serious; well actually I think it'll like Push-Ups: Wii Fit Version)

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath

Isn't that coming out next year? (I'm being serious; well actually I think it'll like Push-Ups: Wii Fit Version)
What?
Wii Fit

Well you were being facetious, but I believe that the Wii Fit is going to be an exercise tool and people can do push-ups on it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement