Sign in to follow this  

SurfaceTension

This topic is 3677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I've been working on this game "SurfaceTension" for a while, and although we've run into some technical difficulties during development (see the Game Programming board) it seems to be a worthwhile venture. Basically, the earth is divided into two factions. You're on the side of the weaker faction, who has at the time of the game been pushed into a tiny landmass. In the game you are the lead of a team of covert operatives that are attempting to go right behind enemy lines and take out their lead communications center. In the progress of this mission, the game takes you into many different situations, including large firefights, secret operations that require silence and avoiding guards, assuming the identity of guards in order to get through tough situations, and much more. Our engine is our own, using DirectX 8 and our own physics system (which is designed, but not implemented). So far we have a lot on paper and not much in terms of the actual game developed yet, but as me and my co-developer are in school we do not have much time to work on the game. We hope to release screenshots reasonably soon and a playable demo by the end of next year. A website will be created once we have a working demo. Please, provide any ideas, criticism, or questions and I'll do my best to take them all in.

Sign in to follow this