Sign in to follow this  

3DSMax file saving plugin

This topic is 3673 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to write a plug-in to 3DSMax that all it does is export certain things from the scene file. NOT a typical exporter where say I iterate over the scene and store verts and shit a special way, No, I just want to make a plug-in to save maybe the .max file the textures and normals and all that shit into a zip file packaged and named a specific way, so that my program can read it without the need for meta-data. Is there a simple sample that someone could give me? Oh, and another thing, is there a sample anywhere for like a custom file loader (Will load the files written by the previous plugin, with viewing like thumbnails located in the zip files and display certain infos.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. [EDIT] Clarify, might've been confusing. [Edited by - neonic on November 25, 2007 5:40:09 AM]

This topic is 3673 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.