VERY beginner questions.

Started by
9 comments, last by monikarai 16 years, 4 months ago
Hello, my name is Moni. I'm working on a research project in my english class and I'm required to interview some one in my field of interest. I'll ask questions on education requirements, job responsibilites, rewards/benefits, and job challenges. The Basics 1. Name 2. Position 3. Company Name 4. email adress Education Requirements: 1. How many years of schooling are required to be a video game developer? 2. What types of courses are required? 3. Are there any education requirements outside the classroom, such as internships, ect.? Job Responsibilites: 1. What are some of the regular job responsiblities of a video game developer? 2. Do you have any responsiblities that you think others may not know or that they may be surpriesed about? 3. What kind of hours do you keep? Rewards/ Benefits: 1. What would you say are some of the intrinsic rewards of your career? 2. Can you tell me what the average starting salary is for a video game developer? 3. Aside from the salary, what are some of the other rewards of being a video game developer? Job Challenges 1. Can you tell me what some of the challenges of your job are, such as the hours you work or the job's demands on your personal/family life? 2. Do you feel that you have had to make any sacrifices for your career, and if so, what are your feelings about that? 3. What aspect of video game developing do you find most difficult? 4. What was the most challenging part of the schooling you had to take? [Edited by - monikarai on November 25, 2007 3:16:07 PM]
Advertisement
This is not instant messenger. Replies may take more than two minutes.
Sorry, I'm new ^_^;
Uhmm ... what is your field of interest? Game development as whole? If so, that is a pretty frickin' broad field. Programmers, artists, producers, designers, sound engineers, game testers, etc are all game developers.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Well, I'm mostly interested in video game art and design, leaning more towards art. But awnsers that would cover all fields would be sweet, if it's possible that is...
I think you're kind of missing the point. Different positions within game development call for wildly different amount and types of education, hours you put into work, etc. My experiences as a designer are certainly different than the QA part timers or the senior programmers. Also, a research paper needs to have at least a relatively limited scope or you'll find up either writing a book or a crappy paper (just my opinion [wink]).

If you PM me your e-mail address I'll fill out your questionnaire for you.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Quote:Original post by monikarai
Hello, my name is Moni. I'm working on a research project in my english class and I'm required to interview some one in my field of interest. I'll ask questions on education requirements, job responsibilites, rewards/benefits, and job challenges.

The Basics
1. Name
2. Position
3. Company Name
4. email adress

Education Requirements:
1. How many years of schooling are required to be a video game developer?
2. What types of courses are required?
3. Are there any education requirements outside the classroom, such as internships, ect.?

Job Responsibilites:
1. What are some of the regular job responsiblities of a video game developer?
2. Do you have any responsiblities that you think others may not know or that they may be surpriesed about?
3. What kind of hours do you keep?

Rewards/ Benefits:
1. What would you say are some of the intrinsic rewards of your career?
2. Can you tell me what the average starting salary is for a video game developer?
3. Aside from the salary, what are some of the other rewards of being a video game developer?

Job Challenges
1. Can you tell me what some of the challenges of your job are, such as the hours you work or the job's demands on your personal/family life?
2. Do you feel that you have had to make any sacrifices for your career, and if so, what are your feelings about that?
3. What aspect of video game developing do you find most difficult?
4. What was the most challenging part of the schooling you had to take?

I just finished a research paper just like yours also. I had to do the same thing. I wish you the best of luck with this paper though.

Chad

Uhg... you're completely right. Good thing I didn't even start on my paper XD

And thank you so much, Zer0wolf!
Thanks, Chad! ^_^
Questionnaire sent!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement