Hard for you to understand

Started by
19 comments, last by flashinpan 16 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by EccentricSight
What do you mean exactly by "dynamic programming"?

One of basic optimization algorithms.

It's a formal method of storing intermediate results to reduce running times of certain problems.

Advertisement
Ah, forgot the DP version of Fibonacci. :) It that case it's not DP in general. I was referring to the basic 0/1 knapsack problem (the one which did make some sense), and the longest common subsequence problem (which gave me some hard time).
The ASP.NET 2.0 postback propagation system, and the reason why ML derivatives always use monomorphic unification for mutually recursive functions.
Quote:Original post by EccentricSight
Your not talking about putting asm in ram then jumping to it? [...]
[...] thats pure evil and there should be a non dynamic way to solve it

"Putting" as in "generating"? It is, really, the best way of speedcode (unrolled loops) compression. I don't consider it evil since speedcode follows a well defined pattern. But then again, we are talking about the "glory" days here. :) Things are pretty much different today.

Oops, going off-topic. :)

Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
The ASP.NET 2.0 postback propagation system, and the reason why ML derivatives always use monomorphic unification for mutually recursive functions.

Show-off. :)
Quote:Original post by kiome
The only thing I find difficult at the beginning is learning a completely new programming paradigm.

+1
Understanding concepts and designs individually isn't that bad, it's putting it all together that makes my brain boil.
I initially learned programming on my own so I had a rough time using good practices when I started school. I got mad a lot when my programs worked right and I lost points for stuff like indentation, lack of comments, lack of classes or functions etc. I didn't really understand the point until I started working on teams, and now I won't even touch code that isn't organized.
Actually I get along pretty well with new paradigms... It's the small details I agonize over - Best practices, making it right and perfect on the first time, understanding FLOWS.
The most recent example is my utter failure at self teaching myself C openGL... So many function calls to set up the framework, and if you omit you'll get a duck instead of a sphere... I hope pyOpengl will make it easier.
The only flows of actions I like are of course the one's I make up / implement :).
Mikle
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Show-off. :)

Yeah, I have trouble with these "glaring" and "obvious" and "modesty" paradigms. Any good tutorials? [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement