Marker World - physics game

Started by
13 comments, last by instinKt 16 years, 4 months ago
Here is a preview of my game Marker World which I worked on for about a month. The game is a result of being inspired by many games that I have recently played. It is a physics based game where all you need to play is the creativity of your mind and the stroke of your mouse! It is a puzzle game where the goal is to control your ball, draw your way through obstacles, and collect stars. There is much lacking from the demo but I welcome any feedback. You can watch a video of the game in action on youtube,
">
[edit] Demo updated to version 1.0d to fix the message "Video card does not support NonPow2Conditional" You can download the 2.25 MB demo here.

--------------------- www.HatsForMyPencil.com [Edited by - HatsForMyPencil on December 3, 2007 12:00:50 AM]

-----------------------www.HatsForMyPencil.com
Advertisement
I got these errors when I tried to run:

Device not capable of creating the neccessary texture formatUnable to create Direct3D device due to hardware limitationsCreating Direct3D device failed! Exiting

DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"
Can I ask what video card your system has? The demo requires 32 bit dynamic textures and I didn't implement any fallback unfortunately (I probably should...).

Actually I would like to determine the current bare minimum system requirements. If they are much too high for what the game is I'll implement the proper fallbacks.
I had great fun playing the game!
Even though the concept is extremely simple, like the one in ElastoMania (also great gameplay, IMHO), the game really allows for creative and dynamic playing.
Thanks for the positive feedback! I remember trying ElastoMania awhile back and yes that game features simple but addictive gameplay, something I tried to achieve :).
I get the following Error Message -

'Video card does not support NonPow2Conditional'

The demo runs but when I try to draw anything I get garbage on the screen.

My System is -

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB
2GB Ram
DirectX 9.0c
OpenGL 2.1.1

Other than that it looks pretty good.

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2008.php?id=249

did you make this also?
Quote:Original post by SNicholls
http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2008.php?id=249

did you make this also?

No, he's taken inspiration from it as stated on his site.
acadestuff - Hmm...interesting that such a recent video card does not export the caps NONPOW2CONDITIONAL for DirectX. I think I may have fixed the problem though - I have uploaded a newer version (1.0d). I hope this fixes the issue for you.

You can download the latest version here.

SNicholls - no, but Crayon Physics was one of my inspirations for my demo :)

[Edited by - HatsForMyPencil on December 3, 2007 12:34:58 AM]
That fixed it :)

I only use OpenGL at the moment so I wasn't sure exactly what the error was.

Nice Work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement