Sign in to follow this  

Blitz Basic Mud

This topic is 3668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I make a MUD in blitz basic!!!!!!?!??! i tried making 1 and it sucks, the chat dosent even work... sum1 plz help me... the mud i made is on my site... freewebs.com/geekbasic

thx, but i already read a whole book on blitz and have no idea how 2 do it. also i say mud not mmo cuz people always say start with mud, all im lookin for is a working basic sample that is a little program that lets users chat.

If you would have read "Mud game programming" you would have known where to start and what to do... I don't have it anymore and I just read about 30 pages from it and I allready understood a lot of things.
What do you do? Let me give you some hints...
Make a project for the Server and one for the Client
Implement the networking so that they talk...
Then... in the server implement file systems (or databases but that is harder for you)
You start to get a messaging system from the cleint to the server and viceversa and put functions like login, create player, enter world, movement, talking with other people(NPC), chat and so on...

With a mud you are typicaly not writing a "server->client" though, you are just writing a server. clients are terinal emulators. as far as how you can do it in blitz basic? no idea if you can or not. weird language to develop a mud in.

This topic is 3668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.